Auto Diagnostic Scan Tool ELM 327 USB Version V1.5 ELM327 Interface USB OBD2/OBDII CAN-BUS
Description of ELM 327 USB:
1.ELM327 is the latest PC-based scan tool. It supports all OBD-II protocols and is dispatched with a number of compatible programs. The processor is an ELM327.The output protocol (connection to laptop) is USB.
2.ELM327 is a free program that allows you to use your PC and a hardware interface to get the information from your car's computer.
3. Output protocol: RS232
- Baud rate: 9600 or 38400
- Indicator LEDs: OBD Tx/Rx, RS232 Tx/Rx, Power
- Operating voltage: 12V, internal protection from short circuits/overvoltage
- Nominal idle current: 45 mA
Install of ELM 327 USB:
- Simply extract the files into a folder on your computer's hard drive, and you're ready to go.
- To uninstall the program, simply delete the entire contents of the folder where the program resides.
- The software supports two platforms - DOS and Windows.
OBD-II Protocols of ELM 327 USB:
- ISO15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO14230-4 (KWP2000)
- J1850 VPW
- J1850 PWM
Features of ELM 327 USB:
- The program lets you perform the following operations:
- Read diagnostic trouble codes, both generic and manufacturer-specific, and display their meaning (over 3000 generic code definitions in the database).
- Clear trouble codes and turn off the MIL ("Check Engine" light)
Display current sensor data, including:
- Engine RPM
- Calculated Load Value
- Coolant Temperature
- Fuel System Status
- Vehicle Speed
- Short Term Fuel Trim
- Long Term Fuel Trim
- Intake Manifold Pressure
- Timing Advance
- Intake Air Temperature
- Air Flow Rate
- Absolute Throttle Position
- Oxygen sensor voltages/associated short term fuel trims
- Fuel System status
- Fuel Pressure
- Many others.
Upcoming Features of ELM 327 USB:
- Data graphing and logging
- Freeze Frame data
- Continuous and Non-Continuous Oxygen Sensor test results
Free software of ELM327 USB:
- GM Mode 22 Scan Tool by Terry
- OBD Gauge for PalmOS and Pocket PC by Dana Peters
- OBD Logger by Jonathan Senkerik
- OBD-II Scan Master by Wladimir Gurskij (Scan Master 3.52 - local copy)
- OBD2 Scan tool by Ivan Andrewjeski
- OBDII for ELM322 by David Huffman
- pyOBD by Donour Sizemore for MacOSX and Linux
- RDDTC by Pete Calinski
- Real Scan by Brent Harris
- Scantest for Pocket PC by Ivan Ganev aka a-ser
- wOBD by WDT
- One elm327 USB interface
- One CD software